1-23-17 // Reported Structure Fire // Clay Park Central
At 13:15 hours yesterday, MCFD, North Syracuse, and Mattydale volunteers were dispatched to a reported fire in the bathrooms at Clay Park Central located on Wetzel Road in the Station 3 response area. Initial reports indicated a propane tank inside of a bathroom was on fire.
MCFD Battalion 1 arrived first and reported smoke showing from the front of the building and covered the operations. Car 1 established the command. North Syracuse Engine 6 arrived first and stretched a line to the building. MCFD E31 arrived just behind NSFD E6 and stretched a second hand-line. The fire was knocked down within 10 minutes of dispatch.
MCFD Engine 21 and Truck 2 handled ventilation and overhaul of the building. MCFD Engine 41, Rescue 4, Engine 32, Ladder 1, and the Mattydale squad also responded but were quickly placed back in service. Thank you to all mutual aid departments for your assistance.« Return to news listing